The past week has seen some much welcomed sunny weather in the UK, and while we’re certainly not complaining – the heat does pose a few issues for our make-up routines. The associated humidity and heat that comes with summer often means our make-up runs halfway down our faces by lunchtime – not a cute look.
So how can we melt-proof our make-up to ensure we look fresh faced all day long?
1. Use a primer – First things first, ensure you prep your skin with a primer. Look out for one with silicone (a key ingredient in most long-wearing products) as this will act as a barrier between the humidity and your skin.
2. Opt for a silicone-based foundation – The silicone in these foundations will give you a long-wearing look that won’t melt in the heat.
3. Use cream formulas – Powder eyeshadows and blushers are likely to go cakey in the heat, so go for cream formulas, which will give you a fresh, dewy look. Keep an eye out for long-wear versions for extra insurance.
4. Use a waterproof concealer – Sure, most of us have waterproof mascara, but what about waterproof concealer? These formulas will ensure your blemishes and dark circles stay covered even in the stickiest of conditions.
5. Keep eye make-up waterproof too – Finally ensure you use waterproof mascara and eyeliner to stop any make-up running.
6. Blot during the day – To avoid shine we recommend using blotting papers instead of powder as it will keep you looking fresh and avoids that caked on look.
7. Don’t forget the SPF – We’re sure we don’t need to tell you this, but ensure you protect your skin and lips with good sun protection. Some make-up already contains SPF, but if not, ensure you protect with suncream.