They were, essentially, the TOWIE cast of the roaring twenties; exuberant, glamorous, outrageous and a constant topic of gossip for the rest of London.
It is that group of Bright Young Things we can thank for the chic, pristine look we still associate with the era: slick waves, side partings, porcelain skin, rouge lips and elegant clothing.
Now, in light of Baz Luhrmann’s upcoming adaptation of The Great Gatsby, the race is on in the beauty industry to reawaken that so called ‘golden age of glamour’.
Lisa Eldridge, celebrity make-up artist and creative director of No7, has been hard at work developing a twenties-inspired limited edition make-up collection exclusively for Boots.
So girls, it’s time to whip out that flapper dress, paint on the rouge and start living the Great Gatsby dream (you may even bag yourself your very own Leonardo DiCaprio).
We’re excited to reveal that the aptly-named Deco Darling collection by No7 will be released in the UK on October 31st. It will include:
- 1 x Loose Powder Highlighter for glowing porcelain cheekbones – £12.
- 1 x Art Deco style Eye Palette for smoky jazz-club eyes – £10.
- 1 x Stay Precise Liquid Liner for a feline flick – £8.
- 2 x lipsticks in ‘Love Red’ for a seductive shine, or ‘Modesty’ for a demure look – £9 each.
- 2 x nail varnishes in a grey-dusky ‘Speakeasy’ shade, or ‘Daisy Darling’, a glittery plum.
Chic, classic and novel, the No7 Deco Darling collection promises to foxtrot you back in history to an era of elegance, pleasure and undisputed glamour.
A note for your diary: Head to Boots on October 31st.
Find out more at Yahoo News.