VO5 is a haircare brand which seems to have been around since the dawn of time and up until recently their branding and products appeared to be stuck back there in the bye-gone era in serious need of a considerable revamp.
A few months ago I noticed that my local Boots store had reduced to clear all of their VO5 products so I was unsure about whether they had gone bust or were re-branding. I took the opportunity to snap up some reduced price bargains and was hugely impressed with the formula of both the shampoo’s and conditioner’s so was understandably thrilled when I found out that they were indeed re-branding and had not gone into administration.
The new line of products is far more vast than before with a huge choice of shampoo’s and conditioners, an exciting line of conditioning treatments and a styling range with lots of fantastic new additions.
If the new pink glossy packaging is anything to go by, the three new product lines are aimed women and there really is something in there to please everyone no matter what your hair type.
The range of shampoo’s and conditioner’s is huge and it’s key selling point is it’s Adaptive Haircare Technology™, which basically means that the products adjust to your unique hair type to provide it with the nourishment it needs.
The line consists of the following:
- Plump me up volumising shampoo and conditioner with cassis, hyacinth and passion fruit.
- Revive me daily shampoo and conditioner to refresh tired and limp hair with sweet apple, mango, pineapple, jasmine and rose.
- Nourish me truly shampoo and conditioner for damaged or heat styled hair infused with Cashmere Keratin.
- Gloss me smoothly shampoo and conditioner to smooth frizz prone hair with jasmine and orange flower.
- Give me moisture shampoo and conditioner to strengthen dry hair with pear, passion fruit and freesia.
- Beyond blonde shampoo and conditioner to brighten blonde locks with honey, coconut, lilly and jasmine.
- Cherish my colour shampoo and conditioner to keep coloured hair vibrant with rose, peach, apricot and vanilla.
In addition to the extensive line of shampoos and conditioners there is also a strong line of conditioning treatments which includes hot oil treatments, an intensive conditioner, a miracle mist and a miracle concentrate, plus a new range of styling products.
For the past week I have been trying out the nourish me truly shampoo and conditioner and I have to say that so far I am impressed with the results. All of the V05 products are really competitively priced and for me produce the same results, if not better, to the professional haircare lines I have tried from Boots such as Umberto Giannini, Lee Stafford, James Brown etc.
I am yet to try any products from the conditioning range but the miracle concentrate has already received some rave reviews from the beauty blogging community as have many of the styling products.
If you would like to try out some products from the new VO5 line then they are available to purchase online or in store as Boots and most other health and beauty retailers.