If you're looking for a qualified or registered beautician in the UK or Northern Ireland, Beauty Resource is the right place to start. However, before you begin your search, we'd like to give you a quick run down of all of Beauty Resource's useful and innovative features. We want to make your browsing experience as easy and enjoyable as possible - as well as making sure you don't miss out on anything!
We've broken the site down into three easily digestible sections to get you on your way:
1. Brush up - For those of you who haven't decided what you want, or what to expect in your treatment of choice, the first step is to find out all you can about the subject you're interested in.
2. Search - Once you've brushed up on your beauty knowledge, you'll be ready to begin browsing profiles to find a professional perfect for your needs.
3. Keep on top - Beauty Resource is crammed full of articles and expert tips from beauty professionals, upcoming beauty events and the latest news from beauty launches and product reviews. We are a hub of beauty industry know-how, so bookmark us to keep up-to-date.
1. Brush up
Sometimes it's worth doing a bit of research before you book yourself in for a procedure. Luckily, we've done the work for you by collecting useful and reliable information from across the web and putting it all in one place:
Want to know more about Botox? Tanning? Massage? We have information about a huge range of beauty treatments on offer, including how each one is administered, the risks involved and tips on how to make the most of them. You can access our list of treatments by using the tabs at the top of this page - categorised under Body, Face, Nails, Make up, Tanning and Smile to help you find exactly what you're looking for quickly and easily.
By now you should have decided what type of treatment you want and what to expect from each session. Now you can start thinking about which beautician to go to. Before you start searching, have a quick read of our FAQs section, which describes all you need to know about the beauty profession, such as the types qualifications needed for different treatments and what professional association to look out for. We value our visitors' security and therefore only list professionals who comply with our Proof Policy.
Once you've brushed up on your beauty treatments and decided what you want, it's time to begin your search.
One of our main goals here at Beauty Resource is to offer our visitors as much information as we possibly can. Profiles give beauty professionals the option to list the following:
- Photograph - most online directories list only names and numbers. We wanted to add a personal, human touch to ours, so we give our members the option to add a photograph of either themselves, their treatment rooms or their logos.
- Introduction - a little like the 'about me' sections you find on social networking sites, this section gives beauty professional the chance to explain who they are, their practice values and their main aims.
- Training, qualifications and experience - no one wants to pay money for any old person claiming to run a beauty business. Visitors want proof that a professional is fully qualified and capable of undertaking the treatments they sell. All of our members are required to send us proof of their qualifications before they sign up with us.
- Treatments - what treatments does the professional offer? Manicures? Massage? Pedicures? If a treatment listed on a profile takes your fancy, you can follow the link through to explore more.
- Price list - it can be frustrating when businesses purposely withhold details of their fees. We encourage our professionals to include the rates charged for treatments and any concessions available.
- Further information - this can include any extra information the professional wishes to disclose, such as upcoming training, awards or qualifications they expect to earn.
- Member Organisations - professionals have the chance to list any organisations they happen to have a membership with. This can be reassuring for potential clients, because they show that a professional is complying to a certain set of rules.
- Location map - some of our members display a map generated by Google showing their location.
- Contact details - this section includes telephone numbers, email addresses, websites and addresses.
3. Keep on top
The beauty industry is much like the fashion industry: it's always on the move. We aim to make Beauty Resource the place to be for the latest beauty news, articles and events. So if you like to keep up-to-date with what's happening in the world of make-up and treatments, bookmark our site and checkout the following regularly:
Here you will find all the latest from our beauty-loving bloggers who will write regularly about the latest make-up, body care and hair product releases. We also publish expert tips written by our professional members. This is a great resource for the public to learn about new treatments and beauty news, plus beauty advice, opinions and speculations.
We give our members the opportunity to list any upcoming offers and events across the UK, such as workshops, special promotions and talks, which are for professionals and beauty-fanatics alike.
Now you know how to use all of the features on Beauty Resource, you should be ready to begin browsing. If you have any queries about the team here at Beauty Resource, check out our About us section, or get in contact here. We'd love to hear from you!