Valentine’s Day is a day to celebrate love in all its forms – this could be with your other half or with your girlfriends. Whatever you plan to do on the day, we love an excuse to shake up our make-up!
Take a look below for some fun make-up looks to try.
If you and your beau have plans for a romantic evening together, this look will be perfect:
- Start by applying a primer mixed with a little liquid highlighter for an inner glow.
- Apply a light coverage foundation, you want your natural beauty to show!
- Cover any blemishes/dark circles with your usual concealer and seal with a translucent powder.
- Use a pink blush on the fleshy bits of your cheeks.
- For the eyes use a soft taupe eyeshadow, line with dark brown eyeliner and apply lots of mascara.
- A nude or pink lip colour will finish the look – avoid anything too matte or glossy, we’re looking for kissable here!
On the prowl
Heading out and want to make an impact? Try this:
- Keep your base matte, clean and finished with a touch of highlighter under the brows and around the temples.
- Use a contour kit to emphasize your cheekbones
- See our recent guide to the ultimate cat eyeliner look and give it a go!
- Finish with a red lip stain and tousled hair.
Night in with the girls
Celebrating Palentine’s Day instead of Valentine’s Day? Get together with the girls and try this nail art design:
- Paint your nails with a base colour – we like pastel purple for this look.
- Using a dotting tool (or a cocktail stick in a pinch) apply two dots close together in a contrasting colour (how about black?).
- Drag the two dots down together to create a heart shape.
- Add as many as your heart desires (see what we did there?).