Cheap, super efficient and small enough to squeeze in your pocket – Vaseline truly is one of the best beauty products to exist. For years it has provided a quick-fix for chapped and dry lips, offering a soothing and long-lasting slick of replenishment and moisture.
But did you know your little tin of petroleum jelly has many more beauty uses? See below for 8 ways in which Vaseline goes beyond sprucing up our lips and can even provide an effective makeup tool.
1) Eyelash treatment – Delicately dab a coat of Vaseline over your eyelid before bed. It acts as a conditioning treatment helping your eyelashes to stay supple – promoting growth and thickness.
2) Eyebrow tamer – Forget buying an expensive eyebrow gel, smooth Vaseline onto your brows to keep unruly hairs in place. Set with powder to ensure extra staying power.
3) Tackle dry skin patches – Smoothing a coat of Vaseline over common dry patches such as your elbows and knees provides super rich moisturisation.
4) Foot balm – Melt a couple of scoops of Vaseline with an essential oil such as lavender in the microwave. Apply liberally to your feet then put on some socks to lock in the moisture. While the oil will help to calm and relax you, the Vaseline will provide intense nourishment to dry heels.
5) Make-up remover – Just finished the last of your make-up remover? Grab your trusty pot of Vaseline and dab some on a piece of cotton wool. Then gently massage onto lashes and around the eyes to remove stubborn make-up.
6) Blusher – Need a quick flush of colour? Mix a little lipstick and Vaseline together to make a creamy blush that you can dab onto your cheekbones.
7) Perfume base – To make your perfume last longer, dab on a bit of Vaseline to your wrists before spraying.
8) Creamy eyeshadow – Creamy make-up products are all the rage right now, so why not turn your powder eye shadow into a creamy formular by mixing with Vaseline? Better yet, this combination will give matte colours a glossy finish.
Have you got any great Vaseline beauty tips you want to share? Let us know by commenting on our Facebook page.
View and comment on the original Yahoo article.