Bio Sculpture is a one-component durable gel treatment intended to strengthen the nails and promote their natural growth.
Unlike traditional gel, Bio Sculpture is available in a multitude of colours as well as in clear, and the formula is designed to be gentle so that it does not cause any damage to the natural nail.
The gel is applied directly onto a prepared nail before being cured under a UV light, after which you should be left with strong but flexible natural looking nails.
On this page
The beginning of Bio Sculpture Gel
Founder and creator of Bio Sculpture Elmien Scholtz had always had a vision of creating a nail care system that not only enhanced the appearance of the nails, but also improved their condition.
Scholtz first began investigating different ideas and concepts back in the early 1980s, using her own South African based salon as her research and development headquarters.
By 1988, Scholtz had registered Bio Sculpture Clear Gel as the world’s first soak-off gel, and since then the Bio Sculpture system has expanded into over 30 countries with demand for the product continually growing.
Today, Bio Sculpture primary branded products are manufactured in-house, and the research and development of new and innovative products continues to remain a priority within the company.
How is Bio Sculpture different to other nail systems?
Minimal preparation required
Some systems designed to add length and strength to the nails require a certain amount of preparation to be carried out in order to ensure that the formula binds to the nail properly and will remain in position without lifting, breaking or peeling.
Preparation may include filing down the nail, buffing the surface and applying certain primers or bonders – all of which can cause trauma and dehydration to the natural nail plate.
Bio Sculpture Gel on the other hand, is designed to be applied straight onto the nail after only minimal and light buffing, which is carried out simply to remove any oil traces or dead skin.
Bio Sculpture was the first gel brand to undergo an independent Clinical Research Trial and receive a 5-Star safety rating.
In addition, the gel does not contain any parabens, phthalates, MMA, toluene or formaldehyde – making it one of the safest and most natural nail systems available today.
Gentle ingredients also mean that there are no overwhelming or toxic odours, and there is only a slight amount of dust produced due to minimal buffing.
Promoting healthy nails
Bio Sculpture promotes healthy nails, so instead of dehydrating the nails with primers and bonders as in other systems, part of the Bio Sculpture treatment is to rehydrate. The ingredients in the gel act to enhance and nurture the condition of the natural nail, making it a great treatment for individuals with weak and brittle nails, or for nail biters who wish to try and grow their nails out.
No lasting damage
Bio Sculpture Gel can be put directly on the nail, as opposed to being engraved into the plate. This means that upon removal, the gel is simply freed from the plate without causing any damage or trauma.
Internationally recognised training
Bio Sculpture Gel can only be purchased by qualified nail technicians who have undertaken an official Bio Sculpture training course and assessment.
All Bio Sculpture Therapists should hold one of the following qualifications in Bio Sculpture:
- Certificate of Merit
- Advanced Certificate
- A-Grade Certificate
The above certificates will only be issued once the Bio Sculpture Therapist has been assessed by a trained Bio Sculpture Educator to ensure the quality of their workmanship.
Checking that your Bio Sculpture Therapist holds one of these certificates is the only way you can ensure you’ll be receiving authentic treatment.
Aftercare products, polishes and files can be purchased from an independent Bio Sculpture Gel technician, or from a certified salon.
Benefits of Bio Sculpture Gel
- One-step system – Does not need to be applied with primers, bonders or base coats.
- Damage free – Bio Sculpture Gel does not cause any damage to the natural nails.
- Soak-off gel – Unlike some gels that must be buffed off, Bio Sculpture Gel is a soak-off formula for swift removal that takes between 10 and 20 minutes.
- Natural gel – Can be applied directly on top of the natural nail plate with no dust, no fumes and no odours.
- Strong but flexible – Nails will be very durable but will still be able to bend without cracking.
- Versatility - Bio Sculpture Gel can be applied to the toenails as well as the fingernails, is available in over 140 pre-mixed colours plus clear, and is also suitable for use with nail art.
- Instant dry and chip resistant – Applies in a similar way to nail polish and takes only a few minutes to cure under a UV light, after which the gel is instantly dry. The result is durable and chip resistant nails.
- Low maintenance – You can expect a Bio Sculpture manicure to last around three weeks on your nails, and six to eight weeks on toes. Many clients find that their manicures do last longer than this, but the longevity of your nails will really be dependent upon your lifestyle.
- Natural looking finish – Bio Sculpture is applied using a freeform method that allows the gel to be sculpted to the natural form of the nail for a natural looking finish.
- Self-levelling – Bio Sculpture Gel levels itself out naturally so there is no need for excessive buffing either before or after application.
- Bio Sculpture - official UK website
This is where you can submit feedback about the content of this page.
We review feedback on a monthly basis.
Please note we are unable to provide any personal advice via this feedback form. If you do require further information or advice, please visit the homepage & use the search function to contact a professional directly.